A sesame bagel from New Yorker Bagels is a healthy, mild choice for those who don’t want to bagel to overwhelm the topping, but it’s a tad more interesting than a plain bagel. A sesame New Yorker bagel is ideal for slicing while fresh and spreading with tangy toppings.
Here are several favorites from sesame bagel lovers:
- Herbed goat cheese is an alternative to cream cheese. Add a little roasted pepper and thin sliced turkey for a heart healthy bagel sandwich.
- Slice, spread with peanut butter and your choice of jam, jelly, honey, mashed banana or anything else you adore. Some “out there” options include olives, pickles, or crushed potato chips!
- Cut each round in half sideways, then in quarters. The curved sticks can be toasted and used for dipping up hummus or other thick dips.
- Place a thin crab cake on top of a half of a sesame bagel and top with a dollop of your preferred sauce. Serve as a starter or side for a seafood meal.
- Split a warm sesame New Yorker bagel and spread heavily with butter. Sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon and sugar for a treat that is fast and easy.
The sesame bagel is one of the most beloved bagels. They can be made at home, but most claim the best are bought fresh off a cart or from a deli, and eaten before they cool. New Yorker Bagels sesame bagels can be part of a healthy diet — just don’t overindulge and eat them all yourself!