Selling bagels successfully depends heavily on two variables – having fresh, delicious product, and having it consistently in stock.
It only takes one bad experience for a customer to never try your bagels again, and they are just as likely to share bad experiences with their friends as good ones, so being able to repeatedly blow them away with your quality, selection, and availability is key!
- Bakeries that service vendors over the public directly have better pricing overall. Not every bakery has a public storefront, so check for bagel bakeries which may service directly using an online website as well as looking for commercial bagel bakeries that sell to the public directly and to vendors.
- With a professional wholesale bagel supplier, you can count on consistency and freshness as compared to a smaller shop or trying to bake your own daily.
- When you use a wholesale bakery, you can increase the size of your order with ease, and not have to worry about creating volume or taxing a smaller bakery to its limits.
- Bagel making requires a whole exclusive setup for proofing and boiling, making them a large investment if you do your own. Even if you bake the rest of your pastries and other breads, ordering your bagels from a bagel baker with all the right equipment can cut production costs significantly.
- With a customized order from a bagel wholesaler, you can offer far more variety. You simply don’t have time to make 12-20 different kinds of bagels, so let a professional do the heavy lifting.
- Finally, when you rely on a wholesale bagel bakery with an already established name, they help you with the marketing. Being able to advertise “New Yorker Bagels sold here!” is an automatic draw of their already established customer base.
This year, plan on adding bagels to your menu or shifting the bagel making away from your limited capabilities and into the hands of professionals. It’s a smart, savvy decision and can increase your revenues while lowering overhead, and you can establish a stronger customer base made up of bagel lovers who will spread the word.